Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Project Proposal


The subject of my map will be mapping all 20 soccer teams in the Barclay's English Premier League. I want to map the location of these teams for an American Sports fan audience, who probably doesn't know anything about English soccer culture. For example there are 5 teams in London alone! There is a lot of data I could find for each club. One interesting factor could be player payroll, stadium capacity, or trophies won in a time span (you can win more than 1 trophy in a season). Below is a really complex map that somebody created of all the clubs of MLS. I cannot make anything this awesome, but there are a lot of ways I can fit data. All I will need to start will be a base map of England and Wales (can't forget Swansea!) and maybe a base map of the city of London in case I cannot fit all the London clubs on the bigger map.


No comments:

Post a Comment